Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
"Audiophile Grade" Ethernet Switches - The new generation
(26-Dec-2019, 21:11)Stino Wrote: Hey! Thanks for sharing.

If money is no object, the new Melco S100 switch could be an option. It has a section with 100Mb ports and a section with 1Gb ports.

Only one of the gigabit ports is optimized for audio and Melco advises to use it for Roon (since Roon is heavy on the network). For connecting your 'audio' equipment they recommend to use the 100Mb ports. So no issue with the Devialet Smile

Ow yeah... it costs 2000 euros. Better gives a huge improvement in sound, but I believe many of us have better sound by spending the 2000 euros on room accoustics or so. My five cents...

You're right, you will get more for the 2000 Euros by spending it on room treatment, but after you've spent the 2000 Euros on room treatment and you've saved up another 2000 Euros?

I've got the room treatment and it cost me more than 2000 Euros and it made a big difference. Now I'm waiting to get my EtherRegen next month and I expect it to make a smaller difference than the room treatment did, but the differences we chase get smaller as the sound of our system improves, and we're always chasing an improvement.
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia

Messages In This Thread
RE: "Audiophile Grade" Ethernet Switches - The new generation - by David A - 26-Dec-2019, 22:42