Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
"Audiophile Grade" Ethernet Switches - The new generation
(27-Dec-2019, 11:21)disarmamant Wrote:
Quote:Now I'm waiting to get my EtherRegen next month and I expect it to make a smaller difference than the room treatment did, but the differences we chase get smaller as the sound of our system improves, and we're always chasing an improvement.

I’d expect the EtherRegen to make absolutely no difference to the sound whatsoever.

Read this, it’s rather revealing.

https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum...iew.10232/

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I read that and I've commented on that review in the past. I have problems with the tests he conducted and the conclusions he drew from them.

My position at present is that there is no scientifically compelling evidence that it does work, no scientifically compelling evidence that it doesn't work, and a fair number of listener reports which while not providing compelling evidence do deserve to be given more consideration than that reviewer does.

As I said, I'm not expecting as big a difference as room treatment makes and who knows, I may end up hearing nothing but whichever way things pan out, I'd rather trust my own experience than that review. His test results don't prove that the EtherRegen does nothing, they just prove that he didn't find a difference on the tests he did, and his listening test is open to all sorts of criticism based on the fact that it was sighted and on his reported test procedure. In addition it's open to others to claim that he failed to hear a difference becuasue of his own expectation bias given his oearlier statements about the device and the fact that it appears he conducted his listening test after doing his test measurements which confirmed his earlier stated expectations. To add insult to injury on that front, he then proceeds to tell anyone who thinks they hear a difference that they didn't do their listening test properly and proceeds to tell them to conduct another listening test using a procedure which is more stringent than the one he reports using himself.

Sorry but I don't find anything convincing in that review.
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia

Messages In This Thread
RE: "Audiophile Grade" Ethernet Switches - The new generation - by David A - 27-Dec-2019, 14:09