Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
"Audiophile Grade" Ethernet Switches - The new generation
(27-Dec-2019, 17:23)K4680 Wrote: There is nothing better than hearing, testing and judging for yourself.  No matter what others write, publish or worship!!

I couldn’t agree more and it’s exactly the thing both you and I (and others of course) did.  Smile

(27-Dec-2019, 19:12)thumb5 Wrote:
(27-Dec-2019, 13:39)Antoine Wrote:
(27-Dec-2019, 11:21)disarmamant Wrote: ...
Read this, it’s rather revealing.

https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum...iew.10232/

Read this, it’s rather revealing.

https://audiophilestyle.com/forums/topic...pressions/

I and all those people there must be under the influence of some kind of mass delusion. Same goes for anyone reporting differences in sound using different switches (with audiophile aspirations or not), ethernet cables, usb cables or whatever type of active/passive device or cable that’s “just transporting digital 1’s and 0’s”.

To be fair, there seems to be an equal element of bias in both threads.  That said, both threads can also have an element of truth, without conflict.  (By the way I guess you had your tongue in your cheek when talking about mass delusion, since it's not an unknown phenomenon! Smile )

My original post was written ‘from the heart’, not the head. Sorry to disarmamant if it came across as shooting the messenger. Most of the time I try to not participate in these types of discussions or get out of them as quickly as possible. 

But yes, I agree these mechanisms could be at play to some degree. I however do believe the truth lies somewhere in the middle. The changes I still hear (even after more than two months) are too significant in my system, to my ears. Whatever the reason, I or anyone makes me want to believe, for this is.  Smile
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands

Messages In This Thread
RE: "Audiophile Grade" Ethernet Switches - The new generation - by Antoine - 28-Dec-2019, 11:53