Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
"Audiophile Grade" Ethernet Switches - The new generation
(30-Dec-2019, 07:29)David A Wrote: @Snoopy8

I don't have Phantoms and I'm totally unfamiliar with them but in the first setup where you're using the PLC connection, have you tried disconnecting the NAS and NUC from the Orbi and connecting each of them directly to the A side of the EtherRegen and letting the EtherRegen do the switching betweenNAS, NUC, and Dialog? You don't need the Orbi for any switching tasks, the EtherRegen can handle all of that, but I'm assuming that you're using the Orbi to allow you to control the NUC from a phone or tablet.

I wonder whether going that way would give you an improvement over the PLC setup you've shown because it effectively removes one device from the signal paths between NAS/NUC and the Dialog. Even if it does, it may not match your results with your second (now current) configuration but it is another possibility if you're in an experimental mood.

No that is not possible, in the first setup you have always PLC connection: ER > ethernetcable > dialog > PLC > phantom golds.

Dialog > ethernetcables >  phantom golds is not possible.

The only way to go without PLC is the second set-up, and i think that is giving the sound quality improvement with the ethernetcables directly to the phantoms

That is also the reason that i think there is another improvement possible with the software upgrade from DOS1 to DOS2 and the dialog can then be deleted. So, The A-side from the ER only to the phantoms and no dialog

If you connect the ethernet cables directly to the phantoms they will automatically switch from PLC to Ethernet

@Snoopy8 thanks for the good explanation with the nice drawings.

Messages In This Thread
RE: "Audiophile Grade" Ethernet Switches - The new generation - by Johnnydev - 30-Dec-2019, 09:34