Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
"Audiophile Grade" Ethernet Switches - The new generation
(30-Dec-2019, 07:29)David A Wrote: I don't have Phantoms and I'm totally unfamiliar with them but in the first setup where you're using the PLC connection, have you tried disconnecting the NAS and NUC from the Orbi and connecting each of them directly to the A side of the EtherRegen and letting the EtherRegen do the switching betweenNAS, NUC, and Dialog? You don't need the Orbi for any switching tasks, the EtherRegen can handle all of that, but I'm assuming that you're using the Orbi to allow you to control the NUC from a phone or tablet.

I wonder whether going that way would give you an improvement over the PLC setup you've shown because it effectively removes one device from the signal paths between NAS/NUC and the Dialog. Even if it does, it may not match your results with your second (now current) configuration but it is another possibility if you're in an experimental mood.
I did try the NAS and NUC on the EtherREGEN, but it did not make a discernible difference.  The Orbi is part of my home mesh network and does not have to be in the music loop. Yes, it is used for control of NUC, but also used by everyone for everything else.

If not for the persistence of JohnnyDev, I would not tried this new config (thank you, JohnnyDev!).  Having 3 outputs which could re-introduce noise after the "moat" should not work, but was pleasantly surprised to be proven wrong.  Whether using multiple outputs can work with other types of setups remains to be seen.

---------
Some observations on many of the earlier posts, going back many, many pages.

There has been far too many debates (more like arguments!) started by people who have never tried the product, intent on putting down and dismissing people who have positive experiences.  To me, it is their loss for not willing to try something which has good potential for improving the audio setup.  I am enjoying my music more than ever because of the EtherREGEN.

Messages In This Thread
RE: "Audiophile Grade" Ethernet Switches - The new generation - by Snoopy8 - 30-Dec-2019, 11:15