Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
"Audiophile Grade" Ethernet Switches - The new generation
(30-Dec-2019, 11:15)Snoopy8 Wrote: ...
Some observations on many of the earlier posts, going back many, many pages.

There has been far too many debates (more like arguments!) started by people who have never tried the product, intent on putting down and dismissing people who have positive experiences.  To me, it is their loss for not willing to try something which has good potential for improving the audio setup.  I am enjoying my music more than ever because of the EtherREGEN.

Since I guess that your complaint is (at least in part) directed to me, please allow me to reply.  There's more I could say but I'll keep it brief and to the point.

The thread title is "Audiophile Grade Ethernet Switches - The new generation", which I believe admits quite a wide range of discussion including whether or not such things actually have any effect on an audio signal passing through them.

I don't recall any posts in this thread putting anyone down or dismissing their positive listening experiences, except to the extent that they claim to prove that the ER has any objective effect.

You seem to be asking for a thread where only those who have listened to the EtherREGEN are allowed to have any opinion or make comment about it  As I'm sure you know, such threads exist elsewhere.

For what it's worth, one reason I value and enjoy Devialet Chat is that is is possible to have an interesting and, I think, worthwhile discussion with people whose views (opinions, prejudices, call them what you will) are different from mine, without it descending into personal insult.  To remove the possibility of differing opinions would make the forum a rather anodyne, uninteresting place to visit.

I am (genuinely) happy to hear that you enjoy the ER and of course respect your right to express that; please would you also respect the right of those who choose not to follow the same path to still have something worthwhile to say.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK

Messages In This Thread
RE: "Audiophile Grade" Ethernet Switches - The new generation - by thumb5 - 30-Dec-2019, 15:46