Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
"Audiophile Grade" Ethernet Switches - The new generation
(30-Dec-2019, 11:15)Snoopy8 Wrote: I did try the NAS and NUC on the EtherREGEN, but it did not make a discernible difference.  The Orbi is part of my home mesh network and does not have to be in the music loop. Yes, it is used for control of NUC, but also used by everyone for everything else.

Thanks for that info. I realise that the Orbi is part of your home network and, as such, can also be used by others for other things. I also use an Orbi network but my setup is closer to what I was suggesting than to your first diagram. I use a Cisco switch in my listening room to connect both my Roon Nucleus+ server which has a 4 TB internal SSD for music storage and my 140 Pro to my Orbi hub in another room. When I receive my EtherREGEN next month I'll use it to replace the Cisco switch with the connections to my Nucleus+ and to the Orbii hub being made to the A side and the connection to the 140 Pro being made to the B side.
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia

Messages In This Thread
RE: "Audiophile Grade" Ethernet Switches - The new generation - by David A - 30-Dec-2019, 20:27