Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
"Audiophile Grade" Ethernet Switches - The new generation
(30-Dec-2019, 19:34)thumb5 Wrote: As far as I'm aware, I'm neither judging nor condemning, if you're referring to what other people have reported hearing -- that's entirely their business and doesn't necessarily have any bearing on what I personally might hear.  Different systems, different rooms, different ears, different brains, etc.  That said, it seems reasonable to express some scepticism about the ER's objective behaviour, based on what I have read about its design and intended purpose -- including what UpTone themselves say (and don't say).  By the way, as I posted a while back, I have not ruled out trying one at some point.

As mentioned previously, I share your thoughts.

Being also one of the more critical voices in this thread, my skepticism is purely limited to UpTone's lack of supporting evidence to reinforce THEIR claim of what the product is supposed to improve / reduce.

Many (imo respected) members of this forum have expressed positive experiences with the product and I have no reason to doubt / question such. Pleasure cannot always be explained through science...
Kii Three Speakers | JL Audio Fathom Subwoofer  | KEF LS50 Speakers | Samsung 850 Soundbar
Innuos Statement | Trinnov Altitude 32 | PS Audio Stellar S300 Amp | T+A HA 200 Headphone Amplifier | Meze Empyrean Headphones
Sean Jacobs DC-3 Custom Build LPS | Roon Core DIY Server | SOtM sNH-10G Modded Switch | Oppo UDP-205 Blu-Ray/SACD Player
T+A G 2000 R Turntable | DS Audio E1 Optical Stylus | Gordian Lab 12 Power Conditioner | Artesania Audio Rack

Messages In This Thread
RE: "Audiophile Grade" Ethernet Switches - The new generation - by baconbrain - 30-Dec-2019, 20:43