Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
"Audiophile Grade" Ethernet Switches - The new generation
(31-Dec-2019, 09:52)thumb5 Wrote: @David A - your previous post is a very fair summary, I think.  For the record, I'm not a huge fan of the way ASR carried out and reported their test either.  I suspect we are never going to see what we both might like from UpTone; since ER is apparently selling as fast as they can make it, there is little benefit and quite a bit of risk to them in publishing data that would enable anyone to verify or falsify their claims.

I think up-tone has a good marketing strategy similar to "Supreme" brand. They make limited quantity and create a shortage. That does not mean the product has huge impact on SQ. I have bought 2 products from up-tone based on this marketing strategy and the products did little for me (USB Regen and LPS-1).
I'm not saying that ER has no impact, just wanted to point out that if they are selling as fast as they can make it, that does not necessarily mean you will hear a big improvement.

I find ASR reviews interesting and they do provide counterbalance to subjective impressions. Up-tone had to re-design one of their LPS, based on ASR review. 
I also like Devialet's approach where the improvements are measured instead of relying on subjective listening (This is from one of Mathew P's answer documented somewhere on this forum). 

Happy new year to everyone.
Oppo-203 / SonicTransporter i7 Roon Core ->Trinnov Altitute-16->TAD M2500MK-1 -> TAD CR-1

Messages In This Thread
RE: "Audiophile Grade" Ethernet Switches - The new generation - by sam1000 - 03-Jan-2020, 20:37