Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
"Audiophile Grade" Ethernet Switches - The new generation
That’s not marketing or any strategy. Check the size of the Uptone company, the BOM of the ER and other costs to see why they can only make 250 units a month. Also, nobody has said there’s any relevance in the number of units produced/month to any measure of improvement. I for one fail to see any logic there. They’re holding back formal reviews BTW because they simply can’t build more right now and are afraid reviews will create even bigger demand.

ASR’s review of the LPS-1 led to the discovery of high impedance leakage by John Swenson solved by shunting the negative output of the feeder supply to ground. I’d hardly call this a redesign. Unfortunate of course but don’t see why this is relevant in this thread. Perhaps you mentioned it to illustrate ASR is not all about negative bias, hidden agenda’s and imagined moral high grounds.

The Regen and LPS-1 are good products, especially at the moment they were released, perhaps not for you but I’m not sure what this tells us considering the very favorable reviews and user testimonies back in the day.

Something that measures good need not sound good or the other way around. If something has a good effect on sound quality and it measures badly or doesn’t show a difference in measurements one might just be measuring the wrong things. Smile
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands

Messages In This Thread
RE: "Audiophile Grade" Ethernet Switches - The new generation - by Antoine - 03-Jan-2020, 21:50