Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
"Audiophile Grade" Ethernet Switches - The new generation
(03-Jan-2020, 20:37)sam1000 Wrote:
I'm not saying that ER has no impact, just wanted to point out that if they are selling as fast as they can make it, that does not necessarily mean you will hear a big improvement.

Except I wouldn't say it's selling as fast as they can make it. They started taking orders before they made any, and they still haven't fulfilled all of the orders they received before they shipped any (I k now that  because mine is due to ship this month and I ordered it a couple of weeks before the first ones shipped). One way or another they generated a fair bit of interest before they started taking orders and they started taking orders a few weeks before they shipped the first production run, actually they started taking orders just before they started working on the first production run.

If it had been out for a while, all initial orders had been fulfilled, and they were selling as fast as they could make it, then I'd take that as a very positive sign. The fact that what they've been shipping and a lot of what they still haven't shipped was ordered before the first production run shipped means that all of the ones they've shipped and a lot of those they still have to make and ship were ordered based on a hope or expectation that it would do something positive because all of those orders were placed before anyone had a chance to hear one or read anyone's listening report.
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia

Messages In This Thread
RE: "Audiophile Grade" Ethernet Switches - The new generation - by David A - 04-Jan-2020, 04:34