Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
"Audiophile Grade" Ethernet Switches - The new generation
(04-Jan-2020, 04:34)David A Wrote: If it had been out for a while, all initial orders had been fulfilled, and they were selling as fast as they could make it, then I'd take that as a very positive sign. The fact that what they've been shipping and a lot of what they still haven't shipped was ordered before the first production run shipped means that all of the ones they've shipped and a lot of those they still have to make and ship were ordered based on a hope or expectation that it would do something positive because all of those orders were placed before anyone had a chance to hear one or read anyone's listening report.

Hi David:
Alex from UpTone here.
I need to correct you on your above speculation. As of this morning we have 396 unfilled EtherREGEN orders (putting us over the 1,000 units order mark), not counting the forward orders that our dealers have scheduled for coming months. Of those, only 98 of them were placed prior to first users receiving their units and beginning to post their impressions on November 9th.
So yes, about 600 units were ordered based on:
a) our extreme openness about the unique technical design;
b) faith in our firm having produced (and delivered on time) a number of other groundbreaking products in the past;
c) the reasonable price of the EtherREGEN combined with our 30-day, money-back guarantee.
But as you can see, a lot of orders have been based on subsequent user reviews.

As for anybody who thinks that we are limiting production as a "marketing strategy" to generate interest or demand, all I can say is that notion can only come from people who have never produced and sold products. Available products always sell faster than products on long back-order. There are a half-dozen factors limiting our production capacity (including world shortage of expensive differential isolators and one-of-a-kind differential flip-flops), not to mention the hundreds of thousands of dollars swings involved in pre-paying for production parts.

There are a number of other factually incorrect postulations that I spotted when I read this entire long thread last night, but for now I will let them slide. I simply have too much work to do this weekend--assuring that all 250 of the January-promised EtherREGENs get built and shipped out on time, as well as 20 JS-2s.
----

You and others have brought up ASR several times:
The trouble with the folks at AudioScienceReview is they do not understand, nor do they seem interested in learning about, the underlying issues of how common-mode deterministic jitter propagates in audio systems--including on packet-data interfaces such as Ethernet and USB—and thus induces voltage-change noise on ground-planes PCBs and chips, resulting in movement of clock thresholds.

People at ASR understand only the bits and the networking. But that is not what people are hearing with EtherREGEN and other clocking and digital cabling products. So they shout blindly and call us “snake oil.” Just remember all the medical scientists who were ridiculed when they first told others about germs…

I could go on, but there is no point. We will be publishing a bit about the theory behind this stuff--and it applies not just to the EtherREGEN, but to other Ethernet and USB devices--as well as some interesting measurements. The fingers-in-their-ears naysayers—at ASR and elsewhere—will still just dismiss and deride it, but that’s okay. What the EtherREGEN does is VERY easy to hear and users are quite happy.
Music lover; Owner, UpTone Audio LLC

Messages In This Thread
RE: "Audiophile Grade" Ethernet Switches - The new generation - by Superdad - 04-Jan-2020, 23:08