Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
"Audiophile Grade" Ethernet Switches - The new generation
(05-Jan-2020, 22:08)David A Wrote: @baconbrain and @K4680 ,

Yes, this is a Devialet forum but every one of us uses components from other manufacturers as well and we mention those products. This is a thread about ethernet switches and saying that manufacturer responses in this thread should be limited to responses from Devialet is a little too restrictive in my view since the last time I checked Devialet wasn't making an ethernet switch.

I think it's quite appropriate for manufacturers of products discussed in this thread to respond to comments on their product, just as I would think it appropriate for Devialet to respond to comments about their products in forums related to products from other manufacturers. I don't think it's appropriate for one manufacturer to criticise another manufacturer's products, there could be more than a bit of bias and prejudice in that, but that didn't happen here and I think Alex's post was more than acceptable given the large number of comments, both for and against, made about his product in this thread.

Frankly, given the topic under discussion in this thread, I'd rather see comments from manufacturers of ethernet switches discussed in this thread than comments from Devialet who haven't bothered to fix a bug that's been affecting their ethernet input for almost a year. The only comment I would like to see from Devialet about an ethernet related topic at the moment is "We've fixed it!" and they seem unwilling to do that.

David,

Being a previous Devialet owner, I can really understand the frustration around the challenges with their communication strategy (or lack thereof). I also understand that Devialet does not have an Ethernet Switch in their product portfolio, so any contribution to this thread which could be made from their side would be limited. Still, they could (and should) address the issues around the ethernet input in support of their customer base

Personally I do not see any merit in manufactures commenting on subjective listening impressions of users (which is really what this thread is primarily about) other than to channel those discussions in a direction which really only supports one thing, generating revenue. (therefor bias) If they want to host those discussions from a clearly identified sponsored site, fine with me but I appreciate having forums (such as this one) where that is not the case.

Respectfully,
BB
Kii Three Speakers | JL Audio Fathom Subwoofer  | KEF LS50 Speakers | Samsung 850 Soundbar
Innuos Statement | Trinnov Altitude 32 | PS Audio Stellar S300 Amp | T+A HA 200 Headphone Amplifier | Meze Empyrean Headphones
Sean Jacobs DC-3 Custom Build LPS | Roon Core DIY Server | SOtM sNH-10G Modded Switch | Oppo UDP-205 Blu-Ray/SACD Player
T+A G 2000 R Turntable | DS Audio E1 Optical Stylus | Gordian Lab 12 Power Conditioner | Artesania Audio Rack

Messages In This Thread
RE: "Audiophile Grade" Ethernet Switches - The new generation - by baconbrain - 06-Jan-2020, 09:29