Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
"Audiophile Grade" Ethernet Switches - The new generation
(21-Jan-2020, 13:52)Flashman Wrote:
(20-Jan-2020, 21:49)mdconnelly Wrote: @David A - It is a mystery.  I am quite curious as to how "audiophile" switches such as the Bonn N8 have made the problem go away for those that were experiencing it.  It does make sense with the EtherRegen since the port to the Devialet is at 100 mbps.  We may never get a straight answer on it, much less see it fixed.

For awhile I suspected it might be a hardware issue on some but not all Expert Pros.  That could be a costly fix they they didn't want to swallow just for Roon RAAT.  Then again, your comment about them just doing a firmware update to make the ethernet port 100mbps would make so much sense. 

I may just give one of these switches a try after awhile.
@David A@mdconnelly It's a puzzler, no?  The suggestion that Devialet simply provide a firmware update to make the Ethernet port 100Mbps is brilliant but Devialet will never do it.  The fact that a different switch solved my issue may be one of the reasons why Devialet may not have been able to isolate the problem and thus provide a fix.  I am being generous to our good friends at the company.

@mdconnelly The Bonn N8 is also available in an upgraded form -- better low-noise power supply and aluminum chassis -- via NuPrime (Omnia SW-8) for USD449.  That's only USD50 above the Bonn N8 so seems like a good deal.
Something to read! Wink

Attached Files
.pdf   Omnia_SW-8_20191112c_manual.pdf (Size: 430.85 KB / Downloads: 33)
Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Remote: iPad-Pro
Roon Nucleus+(B), Lifetime / Qobuz Studio Sublime                                                                                                          
Germany / Bavaria

Messages In This Thread
RE: "Audiophile Grade" Ethernet Switches - The new generation - by K4680 - 21-Jan-2020, 15:58