Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
"Audiophile Grade" Ethernet Switches - The new generation
@kerkhoffd@David A@mdconnelly I had written previously that the Bonn N8 (Silent Angel) switch had solved the gigabit handshake issue between my Devialet Expert 220 Pro and Roon.  Well, that solution to get Roon RAAT (and better SQ than my standard Netgear switch) is no longer working properly, requiring me to constantly reboot the Devialet, only to find the problem reoccurring, sometimes within minutes.

So, I have bitten the bullet and ordered an EtherREGEN to take advantage of the 100mbps isolated port and to get what appears to be a nice leap in SQ.  I've read a lot of positive user reviews about the device on the Audiophile Style thread and viewed the Hans Beekhuyzen video review, which, to be quite honest, convinced me -- along with comments on this forum -- that this was the best path forward.

I'll get the EtherREGEN switch at month's end and report my findings.
Devialet Expert 220 Pro Kinki EX-M7 power amp tethered to a fiber-fed Lumin X1 streamer via Grimm XLRs, Vivid B1 Decade speakers in Rosso Barchetta red (only 200 produced in a limited edition), Roon Nucleus with a Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SSD, etherREGEN switch fed by a Sonore opticalModule (and Sonore-supplied transceivers and 1M optical cable) with a SOtM dCBL-Cat7 cable to my Nucleus and a DH Labs Reunion Cat8 to my Lumin T2 streamer, Keces P8 linear power supply feeding a (to come) NUC and EtherREGEN switch with an external AfterDark OCXO clock., and opticalModule (5V/1A), AudioQuest Niagara 1000 power conditioner, ASI LiveLine loom (purchased directly from Franck Tchang when I lived in France), Less Loss Firewall for Speakers and Roon lifetime license with Tidal streaming.

Messages In This Thread
RE: "Audiophile Grade" Ethernet Switches - The new generation - by Flashman - 15-Feb-2020, 14:46