Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
"Audiophile Grade" Ethernet Switches - The new generation
@David A @mdconnelly @kerkhoffd I received the February shipment of the EtherREGEN and played it for an hour last evening. My Devialet Expert 220 Pro, thankfully, performed well with Roon RAAT.

Initial impressions: There was a good sound stage, with nice separation of instruments and voices. The top and bottom ends were good. I do think it’s better than Bonn N8, even at this stage. Supposedly, it gets better with continued burn-in.

You could fry an egg on the case but that is to be expected. As the case is rather small and my BDI cabinet is large and well ventilated, I don't believe this will cause any problems. I am powering the device with a dual-power Keces P8 LPS (the other half is providing power to my Nucleus) and thus have grounded the ER, as the Keces has a "floating" power supply and UpTone suggests grounding. I am not going to test the supplied SMPS.

More thoughts later...
Devialet Expert 220 Pro Kinki EX-M7 power amp tethered to a fiber-fed Lumin X1 streamer via Grimm XLRs, Vivid B1 Decade speakers in Rosso Barchetta red (only 200 produced in a limited edition), Roon Nucleus with a Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SSD, etherREGEN switch fed by a Sonore opticalModule (and Sonore-supplied transceivers and 1M optical cable) with a SOtM dCBL-Cat7 cable to my Nucleus and a DH Labs Reunion Cat8 to my Lumin T2 streamer, Keces P8 linear power supply feeding a (to come) NUC and EtherREGEN switch with an external AfterDark OCXO clock., and opticalModule (5V/1A), AudioQuest Niagara 1000 power conditioner, ASI LiveLine loom (purchased directly from Franck Tchang when I lived in France), Less Loss Firewall for Speakers and Roon lifetime license with Tidal streaming.

Messages In This Thread
RE: "Audiophile Grade" Ethernet Switches - The new generation - by Flashman - 27-Feb-2020, 14:33