Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
"Audiophile Grade" Ethernet Switches - The new generation
(28-Feb-2020, 00:31)Flashman Wrote:
(27-Feb-2020, 18:43)mdconnelly Wrote: @Flashman - keep us posted as it breaks in!  If you believe it sounds better than the Bonn N8, how so?
Mike, it's always difficult to be objective but I sense a better cohesiveness in the music presentation.  Instruments seem better defined on the sound stage and voices, in particular, sound richer.  Some say with continued break in that music becomes more holographic.  I am guessing that means a wider sound stage but, really, who knows?  I feel I made a good buy as I get a state-of-the-art switch and a solution to the Devialet handshake with Roon RAAT.  Come to Charleston and I'll play some music for you!

Michael,  I greatly appreciate your thoughts on the EtherRegen.   It is very much still on my bucket list although I must admit the extreme heat has me a bit concerned.  I've seen that sighted numerous times.  That just seems a bit strange from a design standpoint.  But I would think that a well placed heatsink or two such as @octaviars posted a few  posts back would tame it nicely.

I do hope to get to Charleston sometime this year.  I will definitely touch base if/when I do!
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA

Messages In This Thread
RE: "Audiophile Grade" Ethernet Switches - The new generation - by mdconnelly - 28-Feb-2020, 02:07