Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
"Audiophile Grade" Ethernet Switches - The new generation
(28-Feb-2020, 00:31)Flashman Wrote:
Mike, it's always difficult to be objective but I sense a better cohesiveness in the music presentation.  Instruments seem better defined on the sound stage and voices, in particular, sound richer.  Some say with continued break in that music becomes more holographic.  I am guessing that means a wider sound stage but, really, who knows?  I feel I made a good buy as I get a state-of-the-art switch and a solution to the Devialet handshake with Roon RAAT.  Come to Charleston and I'll play some music for you!

That cohesiveness you mention has turned out to be the biggest benefit in my view. In the first few days when I was listening for differences I was noticing details like definition and clarity but as I became used to the sound and what to expect, I stopped paying attention to the details and started noticing the overall effect more. The presentation was richer sounding overall and more cohesive, both musically because the sense of ensemble with a group was improved, plus also spatially because the soundstage seemed to open up and imaging become a bit more realistic. It's also a bit more relaxing to listen to music with it.
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia

Messages In This Thread
RE: "Audiophile Grade" Ethernet Switches - The new generation - by David A - 28-Feb-2020, 04:06