Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
"Audiophile Grade" Ethernet Switches - The new generation
(11-Mar-2020, 01:06)ofrappier Wrote: a good review :

https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum...iew.10232/
Oh dear!  Why bring up that up again ???  They are anti Uptone Audio, with juvenille abhorrent jokes and will never be convinced.

Claiming that a good DAC will negate the need for the EtherRegen (ER) is wrong!  I have been following and collated more than 100 impressions and reviews from Audiophile Style, with a sprinkling from Devialet Chat, Naim Audio, StereoNet Australia, and a few others about owner's experience with the ER.  9 reported no improvement which includes that ASR review.  14 reported some improvement, but for the rest, more than 3 out of 4 owners were suitably impressed by the significant improvement (which I labelled "major").

I also identified the DAC and streamer in each of those posts. Quite a few positive posts were excluded because the DAC and/or streamer were unknown.

The most popular DAC was the PSA Directstream with 8 owners reporting "major” and 1 “some” improvements. Of the Chord DAVE owners with M-scaler, 2 reported “major”, 1 “some”; without M-scaler 1 “major”, 1 “some”.  All 3 dCS Vivaldi with up sampling owners got “major” improvements. Both Lampizator Big 7 owners said “major” improvements. It was an even split for Vinnie Rossi owners with 1 “major”, 1 “some” and 1 “no”. With Denafrips Terminator owners, it was 2 "major" and 2 with "some" improvements.

3 out of 4 Devialet Expert Pro users said "major" and 1 "some".  Both Devialet Phantom owners, including myself have posted our findings here as "major" improvements.

** The data does not support ASR's assertion that a good DAC will negate the need for the ER. What's next? Assert that the DACs listed above are poor? **

Are all these DACs not good enough? I don't think so.

Categorising the improvements is of course subjective but each of us have independently evaluated the impact of the ER on our setups and there are lots of happy owners out there.

Full disclosure : I paid for the ER and have no affiliations with Uptone Audio

Messages In This Thread
RE: "Audiophile Grade" Ethernet Switches - The new generation - by Snoopy8 - 11-Mar-2020, 06:51