Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
"Audiophile Grade" Ethernet Switches - The new generation
(13-Mar-2020, 00:32)Snoopy8 Wrote: There is a lively discussion in Audiophile Style that talks about jittter from Ethernet and what ASR is doing or not..
https://audiophilestyle.com/forums/topic...sion-only/

Alex popped his head into it, saying that the ASR measuring instrument has too high jitter itself and thus cannot measure when John is trying to do.

Thanks for the link, I'll take a look.  As has already been pointed out, though: if measurements have already been made, publishing them would end this to-and-fro discussion, and surely that's something UpTone would want to do -- assuming they reflect what UpTone have already claimed.  If they haven't yet been made then I personally wouldn't describe ER as a properly engineered product (I stress, this is just my personal opinion).  So, the simple question is: why not just publish the measurements?

There is talk of jitter measurements at the clock pin to the DAC; I'm not sure I understand why that is helpful to know, except during the design of the ER.  Surely what matters is the analog signal coming out of the DAC, no?
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK

Messages In This Thread
RE: "Audiophile Grade" Ethernet Switches - The new generation - by thumb5 - 13-Mar-2020, 00:51