Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
"Audiophile Grade" Ethernet Switches - The new generation
(18-Apr-2020, 22:17)maxijazz Wrote: Uptone sponsored review. Discussion closed by Uptone after testing procedure was questioned.

That is wholly incorrect.

Dr. Smith (member name DarqueKnight) purchased his EtherREGEN for full price, I never knew him previously and had no idea he was going to review it with his video equipment until he wrote the whole thing up and posted it on the Polk Audio site where I guess he is a regular. He then sent me a link to that and asked if he could post it at Audiophile Style. I don't see how that can be construed as a "sponsored" review.

In the days after he posted it, two members--including Mark Brown who posts under different names on a half dozen forums and apparently has a history with Dr. Smith and well known disdain for UpTone--challenged the report. Dr. Smith politely replied but the badgering (as well as ridicule of him over at another site) continued.
I am under no obligation to leave threads in my sponsored forum open to be a sandbox for belligerence by known hostile parties.

--Alex Crespi
UpTone Audio LLC
Music lover; Owner, UpTone Audio LLC

Messages In This Thread
RE: "Audiophile Grade" Ethernet Switches - The new generation - by Superdad - 19-Apr-2020, 00:52