Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
"Audiophile Grade" Ethernet Switches - The new generation
(08-Jul-2020, 00:17)salk61 Wrote: Hmmmm.... I had not considered having certain devices on different power circuits in the house. I guess at the end of the day it will all boil down to one simple fact: does the music sound good through the fiber optic box II or not…

The problem is that the better and more resolving your system becomes, the more things you find that count. Ultimately everything counts and getting the most out of a system comes down to attention to detail and the more you look the more details there are to pay attention to.

Does it all boil down to whether or not the music sounds good through the fibre optic box II or not? When it comes to purchase decisions I don't think so. How do you define "sounds good"? You may not have thought about it but I'll bet part of sounding good to you in this particular context means that things sound better with the fibre optic box II than without yet I'd also bet that you'd be quite happy to say that your current system "sounds good". If what counts is that things sound good and your current system sounds good, there's no reason to buy the fibre optic box II unless it makes your system sound better than it currently does. Everyone here has a system which almost certainly "sounds good" and which sounded good some purchases ago. We're not chasing "sounds good", we've got that. We're chasing "sounds better" when we take cash out of our wallets.

Life was so much more affordable when what counted was simply whether or not it sounded good. That was back in the "good old days" which obviously never proved to be "good enough"   Sad
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia

Messages In This Thread
RE: "Audiophile Grade" Ethernet Switches - The new generation - by David A - 08-Jul-2020, 03:59