Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
"Audiophile Grade" Ethernet Switches - The new generation
(17-Jul-2020, 06:38)sam1000 Wrote: Quick question to all EtherRegen owners. Does the unit runs pretty hot? Is that normal? I just got my unit today and I although I do not believe in burn-in that much, i just inserted it in the chain and played some music in the background. After a couple of hours, when I touched the unit, it was very hot. Should I be worried?

I'm going to assume that you and the respondents to date are all in the northern hemisphere so you're now mid-summer and perhaps worried about the ER and its heat in summer.

I'm in sub-tropical Australia in Brisbane and I got mine in January in the middle of a very hot summer which was contributing to a lot of bushfires from north of me down to Victoria. Yes, the case gets warm but I had it turned on 24/7 without any problems. Antoine has quoted the user guide and as it says, it runs "somewhat hot" but i had no problems at all so I think the advice in the manual is correct, there is no need to be concerned.
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia

Messages In This Thread
RE: "Audiophile Grade" Ethernet Switches - The new generation - by David A - 17-Jul-2020, 10:24