Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
"Audiophile Grade" Ethernet Switches - The new generation
(18-Jul-2020, 12:14)BoyScout Wrote:
(18-Jul-2020, 07:10)audio_engr Wrote: I've been closely following this thread but never participated ... my ER just arrived today .. its been running 5 hrs now & all I can say for now is that its playing w/o getting "Roon RAAT" issues that was occasionally occurring using a Netgear Gigabit switch.
Any kind of difference in sound so far?
It places between the router and the streamer, right?

A-side : Router (std CAT 6) & Roon Nucleus+ (AQ Vodka)   |   B-side : Devialet 440-Pro (AQ Diamond)

As for the sound, I observed things that has been said before by @David A and @Flashman like "better cohesiveness in the music presentation, instruments seem better defined on the sound stage and voices, in sounds richer" etc.  I also observed that music as whole flows much better, my mind is focussing on the whole performance instead of picking individual instrument lines/voices. I also noticed the background more blacker hence very low-level sound can be clearly heard without difficulty. And finally, it is a much more enjoyable & thrilling experience without a single hint of strain or the sorts. 

I'll let it run for more time & complete the 100 hrs and can only hope for it to get better. 

The ER running warm but nothing alarming in spite of ambient temperatures these days in my region (Northern Virginia, US) touching 100 F (38 deg C). My climate control at home is set at 72 F (22-23 deg C) and the warm chassis of the ER is not bothersome to me at all. 
Roon Nucleus w/ Hypsos PSU & AQ Tornado + Roon RAAT  >  AQ Diamond ETH > etherREGEN using SFP + Hypsos PSU | CEC TL-5 CD Transport + AQ Z3 + 3 x Orea Indigo > AQ Diamond AES/EBU 
Devialet 440-Pro CI >  AQ Wel Sig  RCA-XLR | 6 x Orea Bronze, 2 x Synergistic Research Atmosphere PC | B&W 802 D3 {Bi-wired}  >  AQ WEL Signature (Biwire)
REL G1-Mk2 pair | PS Audio PP 12 + AQ NRG-1000 | Puritan GroundMaster + RouteMaster | SAM DISABLED - DPM OFF - Northern Virginia - US

Messages In This Thread
RE: "Audiophile Grade" Ethernet Switches - The new generation - by audio_engr - 18-Jul-2020, 15:33