Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
"Audiophile Grade" Ethernet Switches - The new generation
(18-Jul-2020, 12:14)BoyScout Wrote:
(18-Jul-2020, 07:10)audio_engr Wrote: I've been closely following this thread but never participated ... my ER just arrived today .. its been running 5 hrs now & all I can say for now is that its playing w/o getting "Roon RAAT" issues that was occasionally occurring using a Netgear Gigabit switch.
Any kind of difference in sound so far?
It places between the router and the streamer, right?

@audio_engr has answered your question on the difference in sound and referred to my experience. My setup, router and Nucleus+ connected the A side and Devialet to the B side, is the same as his.

You can set one up with an Innuos in the same way but you also have an alternative method available. Innuos servers have 2 rethernet ports, one for connection to the network and one for a direct connection to your endpoint which is the Devialet. If you set things up the way @audio_engr and I have, you will not be using the second ethernet port on your Innuos, the one for doirect connection to an end point, you're simply using standard network connections to both the Innuos and Devialet. Your alternative is to connect the Innuos directly to the network and to connect the  second ethernet port on the Innuos, the one for the direct connection to an end point, to the A side of the ETHERRegen and the Devialet to the B side. I don't know if that will make a difference in sound quality but it's relatively easy for you to try both ways and decide which you prefer.
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia

Messages In This Thread
RE: "Audiophile Grade" Ethernet Switches - The new generation - by David A - 18-Jul-2020, 20:30