Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
"Audiophile Grade" Ethernet Switches - The new generation
@BoyScout   ... I wish to ADD 1 point. 

Earlier, I used to setup my streaming in a DIRECT hookup manner, i.e. ROUTER - - > NUCLEUS+ - - > DEVIALET

Although the Nucleus+ has only 1 Ethernet port, that port was dedicated to connect the Router. The Nucleus+ also has 2 x USB 3.0 ports. One of those ports was being used with a USB-to-Ethernet Adapter for connecting the Nucleus+ to Devialet. 

The Nucleus was setup in a manner that between the Server & Endpoint, it would use a "private IP address" with no Gateway or DNS. It was great and seldom gave issues incl RAAT issue esp. after selecting an USB-to-Ethernet adapter like the one from Apple that would limit it to 100M. But after the recent Roon 571 build update, it ran into severe problems so much so that I would lose streaming services (Tidal & Qobuz) almost after playing every single track. It would also get stuck halfway etc ... 

After having Roon Labs guys to intervene into my problems, they suggested that I hookup the system using a switch. I pulled out my trusted Netgear Gigabit switch, wired it up and once done, it was flawless. 

Now, ER has replaced that Netgear switch & taken me to pure nirvana !!
Roon Nucleus w/ Hypsos PSU & AQ Tornado + Roon RAAT  >  AQ Diamond ETH > etherREGEN using SFP + Hypsos PSU | CEC TL-5 CD Transport + AQ Z3 + 3 x Orea Indigo > AQ Diamond AES/EBU 
Devialet 440-Pro CI >  AQ Wel Sig  RCA-XLR | 6 x Orea Bronze, 2 x Synergistic Research Atmosphere PC | B&W 802 D3 {Bi-wired}  >  AQ WEL Signature (Biwire)
REL G1-Mk2 pair | PS Audio PP 12 + AQ NRG-1000 | Puritan GroundMaster + RouteMaster | SAM DISABLED - DPM OFF - Northern Virginia - US

Messages In This Thread
RE: "Audiophile Grade" Ethernet Switches - The new generation - by audio_engr - 18-Jul-2020, 20:47