Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
"Audiophile Grade" Ethernet Switches - The new generation
(20-Jul-2020, 09:33)thumb5 Wrote:
(20-Jul-2020, 07:36)sam1000 Wrote: Is there a way to know if Devialet is using the reclocked signal from EtherRegen with Roon RAAT?

The Devialet must be recovering the Ethernet clock from the incoming Ethernet signal and using it to clock in the bits from the Ethernet interface, because that's simply how Ethernet works.  However this clock is completely asynchronous to the audio sample clock and therefore should have no effect on the stability or precision of the clock the Devialet uses to process the audio data carried in the Ethernet frames.
That means there are more than one clocks in the chain (streamer + Dev?) and the Dev clock rules in the end, right?
But if we add a better clock in the path it helps in therms of performance, correct me if i´m wrong, please, computer audio stills a field with a lot to learn, for me.
Mac mini with Roon, Devialet 220 Pro CI, Black Sixteen speaker cables, Sonus Faber Guarneri Tradition and a pair of ears.

Messages In This Thread
RE: "Audiophile Grade" Ethernet Switches - The new generation - by BoyScout - 21-Jul-2020, 01:31