Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
"Audiophile Grade" Ethernet Switches - The new generation
The info I provided proved inaccurate.

The S10 is already shipping... in fact I am listening to one right now although it was not really my intention.

The S100 was already better than the etheregen clocked by a cybershaft.

The S10 is more of everything. I’ll have to do more testing to figure out if the gains result from the router itself or from its dedicated LPS vs the Uptone.

This makes me question my plan of going towards Mutec+LPS+cybershaft over aes/ebu, as well as the relevance of the source. I may have found the perfect sound for my liking...

Cheers,
Bernard
Room: Gik Acoustics | Vibration: Townshend pods | Power: Shunyata Omega XC + Everest + Sigma NR v2 + Sigma ground cables | Source: Mojo Audio DejaVu EVO linux server running Roon core (Raat) | Ethernet: Sonore Optical module + Melco S10P with dedicated LPS + Shunyata Omega Ethernet x 2| Synchronous: Mutec MC-3 + USB (Paul Hynes SR7T LPS) + Cybershaft OP21A (Shunyata Omega USB, AES/EBU, clock cables) | Dac/Pre/Amplification: Devialet D1000 Pro CI (Chord Sarum T RCA-RCA link) | Speakers: Chord Sarum T cables + Wilson Benesch Act One Evolution P1

Messages In This Thread
RE: "Audiophile Grade" Ethernet Switches - The new generation - by bernardl - 12-Sep-2020, 23:49