Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
"Audiophile Grade" Ethernet Switches - The new generation
@bernardl

Nice you finally found something that suits you after such a long journey. The good point is that you will also make your system simpler removing a few cables as the Melco S10 (and S100) does not accept external clock and it is not convenient to attach a ground cable either. For me simple is good and the global idea/philosophy of the Expert was the one box "simple" concept.

I bought the Melco S100 because of the Roon/Devialet bug to start with. Otherwise I probably would not have bought an "audiophile" network switch.
I had never intention to do any comparisons, or add a LPS as it is very subjective anyway but it was interesting to follow your different posts. 

I consider that Dela/Melco/Buffalo is a very strong brand in this audio business for a long time. Obviously it makes sense that they share technologies between their different brands. I was interested by their music servers too at some point but I came to the conclusion that having Roon and only storing data on their server is a waste. I am sure they will come at some point with a Roon Ready Server.
PS Audio P3 - Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI - Tanagra Audio Iris - Micromega CD-30 - Roon - Mac Mini - Entreq Silver Minimus Apollo Eartha RCA - Shunyata Omega Ethernet - Dela S100/OP-S100

Messages In This Thread
RE: "Audiophile Grade" Ethernet Switches - The new generation - by philoouu - 13-Sep-2020, 04:23