Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
"Audiophile Grade" Ethernet Switches - The new generation
(14-Sep-2020, 10:42)Antoine Wrote: Just as an FYI; I‘ve read multiple user reports that the LPS1.2 is not the best match for the Etherregen. Not because it’s a bad PSU but most likely because with the ER it’s operating near maximum capacity. Better results can be had with PSU’s like those of Paul Hynes Designs or Farad. People who compared these both gave the edge to the Paul Hynes.

I’ve also read many user reports stating, in general, the relative importance of high quality PSU’s (=‘critical’) vs. high quality clocks (=more like ‘icing on the cake’). Of course some devices do profit more than others of either tweak or both so experimentation is key or learning from other users of course.

Thanks Antoine. 

However Uptone claims on their site that the 1.2 is fully able to drive the EtheRegen and that the power supply doesn’t play a role in the first place don’t they?

Anyway, I’ll have a multi-rail Paul Hynes SR7T in a few months. Will give it another try then.

What is a bit strange is that using the LPS-1.2 with the S100 delivered a clear improvement. Now the S10 has it’s own dedicated LPS so the Uptone LPS-1.2 is having a rest.

I may repurpose it to power the Sonore OpticalModule that currently runs on a cheap SPS plugged in a Shunyata PS8 running from another wall outlet. I don’t expect much improvement. 

Cheers,
Bernard
Room: Gik Acoustics | Vibration: Townshend pods | Power: Shunyata Omega XC + Everest + Sigma NR v2 + Sigma ground cables | Source: Mojo Audio DejaVu EVO linux server running Roon core (Raat) | Ethernet: Sonore Optical module + Melco S10P with dedicated LPS + Shunyata Omega Ethernet x 2| Synchronous: Mutec MC-3 + USB (Paul Hynes SR7T LPS) + Cybershaft OP21A (Shunyata Omega USB, AES/EBU, clock cables) | Dac/Pre/Amplification: Devialet D1000 Pro CI (Chord Sarum T RCA-RCA link) | Speakers: Chord Sarum T cables + Wilson Benesch Act One Evolution P1

Messages In This Thread
RE: "Audiophile Grade" Ethernet Switches - The new generation - by bernardl - 14-Sep-2020, 23:00