Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
"Audiophile Grade" Ethernet Switches - The new generation
@bernardl, you’re absolutely correct about Uptone’s statement regarding ‘fancy’ LPSU’s in that they’re not -required- to enjoy the benefits their design brings. However their ‘not hearing much of a difference’ for many is not the case. I remember them saying a similar thing with the original USBregen where their SMPS PSU for me did really harm SQ. In this case with the ER I have not experimented with different PSU’s. Since day 1 it’s running powered by an Hynes SR4 as all SR7 rails were occupied. But others have and reported the less than optimal results using the LPS1.2.

Congrats on purchasing an SR7, without a doubt one of the best LPSU’s money can buy right now! Smile

The quote on Uptone Audio’s website regarding PSU’s.

Quote:Use of a fancy linear power supply (such as our matching UltraCap LPS-1.2) is NOT required to get outstanding performance from the EtherREGEN. While high-quality power supplies make a nice difference most everywhere else in a music system, we personally are not hearing very much change with power supplies and the EtherREGEN (certainly owing to its great isolation and internal power networks). Yet others do report some benefit, so you are of course welcome to experiment within the +DC 7~12V range.  [Note: The original UltraCap LPS-1, with top setting of 7V, does not have enough current for the EtherREGEN. The UltraCap LPS-1.2, with its 9V and 12V settings can easily power an EtherREGEN.]
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands

Messages In This Thread
RE: "Audiophile Grade" Ethernet Switches - The new generation - by Antoine - 15-Sep-2020, 11:29