Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
"Audiophile Grade" Ethernet Switches - The new generation
(13-Dec-2020, 13:52)K4680 Wrote: Hi, an engineer recently opened the Aqvox switch and came to a devastating verdict:
No new clock
No changes to the original D-Link
Just a little black encapsulation (which is difficult to remove)
I wonder where should  the sound increase etc. come from !! Angry

I am not surprised. Many of the audiophile switches were minor modifications of standard switches.  Some changed a capacitor or two, others replaced the power supply.  Many charged ridiculous prices!  I became a skeptic.

When I heard about the Uptone EtherRegen (ER) and read about the long gestation period required for a new design, I decided to give it a go.  At least I was buying a product with significant R&D, not one with minor tweaks.  I bought as a skeptic looking to use the no questions asked money back guarantee.  The ER made a difference and I kept it.  However, I will not try other more expensive audiophile switches because many are minor tweaks.  

Note this minor tweaking and charging lots of money is common with other audiophile gear. eg. a very expensive ethernet cable had an added magnetic clamp and a nice looking external sheath.  As long as people are willing to pay, there will always be expensive products based on minor tweaks...

Messages In This Thread
RE: "Audiophile Grade" Ethernet Switches - The new generation - by Snoopy8 - 14-Dec-2020, 12:32