Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
"Audiophile Grade" Ethernet Switches - The new generation
I will try to explain a little better what my experiences are with the EtherRegen and various power supplies and audioquest powercables.

Below you will find my review to Mattijs from Farad Super 3. (using google translate, sorry)

Dear Mattijs,

As promised I would let you know how I like my Farads Super 3.

To summarize: great, the best upgrade I've done in years, the farads are in the more expensive segment, but well worth it.

Years ago I started using ifi IPowers on modem, router and Tp-link switch. That improved. Then to 3 pieces of S-boosters BOTW MK1, which was certainly another step forward. This replaced by the MK 2 versions when they came out and again a small improvement.

At the time the EtherRegen came out, i ordered and had it from the first deliveries. This replaced the Tp-link switch with exceptionally good results. The original uptone smps switch supplied with the EtherRegen, however, sounded better than the S-booster MK2, even when it was upgraded with a synergistic research orange fuse.

So for the EtherRegen after reading the reviews, i bought the Paul Hynes SR4T. That was a big step forward and with the orange fuse in it, even better.

However, it kept gnawing whether the Farad super 3 could be even better, so ordered the farad 12V with level 2 DC cable and put the orange fuse in it to make the comparison with the SR4T. The difference was immediately apparent and after anticipating the choice was ultimately clear for the farad super 3. The tranquility, the beautiful full middle, beautifully layered and tight lows, detailed highs and great resolution, together with the live feeling were the deciding factors. Actually the “high-end” feeling that everyone strives for, but this is difficult for me to describe.

The build quality of the farads is also top. You just have to look at the fuseholders. Then also for modem and router, bought the Farads super 3, placed orange fuses in it, with a step up there (router the most) compared to the S-boosters BOTW MK2.

I also had the opportunity to test 3 different Audioquest powercords on the farads for a long time. They make significant differences. The Z3's sound great, the Monsoons the best, and Blizzards didn't like the farads in my system. (The blizzard sound very good to my niagara 1200.)

For optimal results, a play-in time of 3 weeks, preferably longer then 4 weeks, is necessary for everything.

Thanks to the 3 pieces Farads super 3 with level 2 cables, orange fuses and the EtherRegen, I can now immediately observe and place every change of ethernet and power cables etc., absolutely great. I am very happy that I took that step, thank you also for your kindness and good advice. With friendly greetings

Messages In This Thread
RE: "Audiophile Grade" Ethernet Switches - The new generation - by Johnnydev - 14-Dec-2020, 16:24