Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are Phantoms boring... now that they work perfect?
(11-Apr-2018, 18:29)daibaron Wrote: Frankly ?

no Bluetooth security
Spark is the worst player ever created (i miss you winamp 1998)
Different audio volume presets depending you're using Bluetooth 70/100 or DLNA 35/100 (basically you can't keep your own preference after switching...)
Poor DLNA compatibility.
Audio drops via Toslink

We all share the same shit... after 2 years.

seriously ? you're happy with it ?

No problem for me, anymore. BT is anyway too low in quality, so I do not need it. DLNA is poor compared to Roon. Roon runs on an old MacMini. I use a Rpi3 with Digi+ board optically connected to a Phantom (have 2 Golds and a Silver). Wlan is sufficiantly stable in my case for all streaming up to 24/192k, not dropouts. I use Spark to stream from Qobuz and over Roon I stream Tidal, only because I have room correction filters from HAF running in Roon. But for new music exploration I prefer Qobuz in Spark over Tidal in Roon. My own library I play from Roon. A Roon extension allows me to control the Phantoms volume from an old Ipad. Wishes? Yes, RAAT and Qobuz integration in Roon, might unfortunately newer come, but great listening is what I do now rather than bother for what is not (yet?) available.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Are Phantoms boring... now that they work perfect? - by streamy - 11-Apr-2018, 21:14