Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Disappointed w/ Gold Phantom. Am I doing I wrong?
(12-Apr-2018, 19:03)ragwo Wrote: Kind of a stupid question, but have you unchecked the night mode button in Spark?

Good call that caught me out loads it’s not exactly obvious when it’s off or on!

But it may just be the way they sound - and depending on what you are used to they may sound like there is less bass. But it could be there is just tighter, cleaner bass exactly as it’s recorded, which can sound lacking compared to a system which artificially enhances bass, or simply can’t control the bass so it ends up sounding bassier because the driver doesn’t stop and start the notes quickly, instead just vibrating longer and creating the “boom” that’s most are used to

A dealer once told me how he tried to talk someone out of buying some B&W nautilus, his “dream speaker” - because compared to what he had the bass would be so “accurate” that he would think it was missing. True enough he hated them and went for something more to his taste basswise even Smile

If that’s the case and you prefer a more upfront / accentuated bass - you could try adding some EQ via Spotify over airplay to see if it sounds better? Also try putting in a corner / close to a rear wall / side wall as like any speaker they respond to placement

I have to say I adore the sharp crisp sound and super tight bass that is only loud and deep when the recording wants it to be....... but sometimes I too wish I could just turn up the bass a bit too Smile

Anyway no expert in the arena of bass, or what sounds “good” but it could just be they are different to what you are used to and need some getting used to 

Like an album you hated at first listen and is now your favourite.....

Messages In This Thread
RE: Disappointed w/ Gold Phantom. Am I doing I wrong? - by Jamington2004 - 12-Apr-2018, 20:10