Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Using a Digital Out SPDIF to Record LPs
(25-Apr-2018, 01:53)Greg Wrote:
(23-Apr-2018, 17:25)f1eng Wrote:
(23-Apr-2018, 17:13)rwjr44 Wrote: Why can't you configure one of the RCA connections for Digital out and use that to record an LP?

SPDIF out to a computer with appropriate software. Seems simple BUT IS IT? 

Do you need any additional HW equipment?

I am not sure why you would want to do this since the USB connection is an easier way of recording an LP on your computer.
Please excuse my ignorance. I am not understanding this. I thought the USB connection on the Devialet  is input only. From what you have said it suggests it can be used as an output. Is that correct? The reason for my interest is that I want to connect a headphone to my system. I have a dac with a pre amp capability including headphone. I can’t use the conventional option of changing the two digital inputs to pre amp RCA out, because my dac only has options of digital inputs. However, if the USB socket can be used as an output, I might be able to work with that.

Sorry, I know this is off topic, but I figured the original question had been answered satisfactorily, and the thread would stop there. My question is just a tangential consideration from the original question.

Pardon me for jumping in, but yes, the USB connector on the Devialet is two way. You can use it as an input, or in your case, @Greg, as an output for your headphone amp.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England

Messages In This Thread
RE: Using a Digital Out SPDIF to Record LPs - by Axel - 25-Apr-2018, 02:54