Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone using high level inputs on sub?
Wow, thanks all for the great and helpful responses.

Have tried using SAM at 0% versus SAM off completely and can't honestly tell the difference so have left it at SAM 0% (so I don’t have to go to the effort of creating another configuration file.

Regarding the crossover frequency and gain - great points. I’ve already played around with that. 40hz didn't sound very integrated and 120 seemed too ‘full’ sounding in the lower end of the sound spectrum (if that makes sense). To my ears 60 to 80hz sounded about right so have left it at 80.

Bass traps aren’t really an option for me (wife is pretty tolerant but she would definitely draw the line at having those in the lounge). Have tried a number of speakers with more powerful bass but I couldn’t ever get them to work in the room. Having the sub to augment the speakers seems to be working better than anything else I’ve tried so far, and I haven’t even been using a sub EQ system yet).

In fact (pardon the pun) I’ve been finding my current floorstanders a bit harsh in the treble recently. Use of a sub might encourage me to take a look at some nice standmounts to replace my FACT8’s.

Anyway, have emailed Devialet about the grounding on the speaker terminals so will see what they come back with.
Devialet D200, Linn Majik DS, Pro-Ject X-Pack turntable, PMC Fact 8 speakers,
Creek headphone amp, Sennheiser HD700, Monitor Audio sub.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Anyone using high level inputs on sub? - by Jgw911 - 01-May-2018, 16:49