Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sonos connect to expert pro
You have a Mac setup as do I. Are you using an Apple Airport wifi router of some sort? I had wifi problems streaming to my 130 Pro with an Airport Extreme and couldn't ever get wifi to work for more than a few minutes so I ended up adding a second Airport Extreme, putting it next to my 130 Pro, and connecting the two by ethernet. Eventually I followed advice on the Roon site and replaced the Airport wifi network with a Netgear Orbi setup. I'm still using an ethernet connection from an Orbi satellite to the 130 Pro but I have tested wifi and it worked which it never really did for me with the Airport Extreme network.

I think that Apple's Airport devices don't work well for streaming, no idea why since they worked fine for data with my iPad, but if you're using an Airport network you may want to consider changing it to something newer than that, especially now that Apple has discontinued making wifi hardware. If you are using an Airport device and you don't want to change your network, try getting another Airport Extreme or an Airport Express while you can, place it near your amp and connect the two by ethernet.

I haven't any Sonos gear so I haven't tried a Sonos Connect.
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia

Messages In This Thread
Sonos connect to expert pro - by Woodman - 07-May-2018, 22:26
RE: Sonos connect to expert pro - by David A - 07-May-2018, 22:46
RE: Sonos connect to expert pro - by Woodman - 07-May-2018, 22:54
RE: Sonos connect to expert pro - by baddog - 08-May-2018, 01:41
RE: Sonos connect to expert pro - by Woodman - 08-May-2018, 06:10
RE: Sonos connect to expert pro - by wikeeboy - 08-May-2018, 02:29
RE: Sonos connect to expert pro - by baddog - 08-May-2018, 17:50
RE: Sonos connect to expert pro - by Damon - 09-May-2018, 03:24
RE: Sonos connect to expert pro - by brianm - 31-Dec-2020, 17:34
RE: Sonos connect to expert pro - by Damon - 31-Dec-2020, 18:54