Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
EMI-shielding and DC filtering. Devialet 1000Pro installation.
Hi

New user, and new Devialet owner J
I´m not 100% sure that I will use my new 1000Pros together. But I plan to do an in wall electric installation that can accommodate both units.

I´m planning an esthetically minimalistic installation, with hidden cables in my new OCC-cable / wall mounted Devialet setup. I live in a 230-250Volt, Schuko socket world.

I will use 1 meter of Wireworld Silver Electra to each Devialet between the wall sockets and the Devialet units. Then an in-wall installation with about 2.5/3 meters each of Electra 7 cables between the Furutech Rhodium Schuko wall sockets and AHP Klangmodul III fuse-holders. There will be three fuse-holders. A dedicated line to each 1000Pro and a third to front end components. The in wall fuse-holder to front end cable will probably be a thinner OCC cable, the Furutech FP-3TS20.

There is enough space in my distribution box to install 3 AHP Klangmodul III fuse-holders BUT I´m thinking of going another route… I´m planning to install the three AHP Klangmodul III fuse-holders in a separate cast aluminum terminal box instead.

There are three reasons for that:
A little bit more physical separation between the electric audio installation and the power distribution grid can´t hurt, right…
Better EMI shielding around the AHP Klangmodul units, compared to a placement in my general distribution box.
A dedicated aluminum terminal box can easily be ordered big enough so that it has space to house a DC current “trap”.

Now to my questions:
Am I overthinking this solution? If there isn´t any real benefit in using a separate terminal box for my audio fuse-holders I will just install the fuse-holders in my distribution box. I am especially curious to hear what you have to say about my thoughts of EMI shielding and a DC current “trap” in the terminal box, before distributing the current to the three fuse-holders. I only have 16A to “play with” from my distribution box to the aluminum terminal box. Those 16A can´t be dynamically constrained by a DC “trap”/filter in any way. If dynamic limits to my 240V/16A can´t be avoided with a DC filter then I will not install it.

Do you have any suggestions in how to buy/build a dynamically non limiting DC filter that can handle 16A/240Volt and be installed in the aluminum terminal?

Best regards   Ulf

Messages In This Thread
EMI-shielding and DC filtering. Devialet 1000Pro installation. - by RGB - 11-May-2018, 20:28