Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tidal: volume reset after every song
(06-Jan-2019, 15:44)Schumy Wrote: I'm new to Devialet Phantoms and I am having the same frustration with the volume reset to 35 using the optical input on the Dialog fed from a Sonos optical out. Suspect the Dialog is faulty, Its happening so frequently that is currently a deal breaker if doesn't fix with a replacement Dialog.

The conditions that Devialet consider an input change appear so sensitive that any glitch in the Spark app, the system hardware etc. Is detected as a false input change, causing unnecessary resets making the system unusable in certain configurations

A user option in Spark to disable volume reset or to allow the user to set a higher preset value would cure for most scenarios. Having been an issue from the beginning around 2015 to today (2019) I guess this will only receive attention from support if a high number of users report and suggest a workaround. 

Anyone else having similar issues and found any workarounds?

I had a similar problem with my Sonos connect and dialog. The way I solved it was by hardwiring my phantoms via ethernet to a dedicated network switch with the dialog. Once I did that I only log into Spark after there has been a power outage to reset the input and sound level.
6 x Phantom Gold, 3 x Phantom Silver, 2 x Phantom Classic, 9 x Phantom Reactor 900, Symetrix Radius AEC-2, 2 x JBL Synthesis SDP-55, Dante

Messages In This Thread
RE: Tidal: volume reset after every song - by njaiswal - 08-Jan-2019, 18:50