Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SToM 200 ULTRA vs Devialet AIR (WIFI)
@PeppaPig - When looking at streamer options I always think there are two key considerations.  The first is of course sound quality, which you highlight in your first post.  

The second consideration is functionality.  It might be useful if you give us some idea how you like to use your system, do you want to play local files, are there any particular streaming services that you use, do you have a preference for Roon, iTunes, JRiver or anything else, this kind of thing.  Are you happy to control from a PC / Laptop / Mac or whatever?  Do you like to use a remote app from an iPad or 'phone.  These considerations may help to narrow the options down.

As an example, in the past I tried a number of 'streamers' with the D800, I really liked the sound from the Aurender N10, but in terms of functionality it did not fit with how I like to consume my music.  Similar issues with the Melco range.  I may have been happy with the Aurender SQ, but I would never have been happy with the functionality.  But that's just me, I know others find the Aurender Conductor app suits them perfectly, so this is a very personal thing.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12

Messages In This Thread
RE: SToM 200 ULTRA vs Devialet AIR (WIFI) - by MIKE - 30-May-2018, 11:32
RE: SToM 200 ULTRA vs Devialet AIR (WIFI) - by MIKE - 30-May-2018, 18:36
RE: SToM 200 ULTRA vs Devialet AIR (WIFI) - by MIKE - 30-May-2018, 23:58
RE: SToM 200 ULTRA vs Devialet AIR (WIFI) - by MIKE - 31-May-2018, 19:50
RE: SToM 200 ULTRA vs Devialet AIR (WIFI) - by Confused - 30-May-2018, 12:40
RE: SToM 200 ULTRA vs Devialet AIR (WIFI) - by MIKE - 30-May-2018, 18:58