Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SToM 200 ULTRA vs Devialet AIR (WIFI)
(30-May-2018, 15:13)PeppaPig Wrote: Thanks everyone.

@Mike, I saw you have a 200 in your signature, people said AIR in Pro has improved a lot, I never used AIR before the Pro upgrade so I don’t know how much difference. But if you got experience with any Air on Pro vs SOtM or any other streamer please feel free to share it. The Ultra should be as stable as non-Ultra they just added an clocker. The SOtM only offering USB out for that price I am not very happy with.

@Confused, you are right, not just the SQ but also functions, I need something can easily control by iPhone to switch music between Tidal and Dsf/flac/MP3 on my NAS.

dCS network bridge seems good, it’s so expensive. Haven’t see any second hand yet.

Unfortunately I have never had a chance to compare 200 with AIR in D.Pro. Nevertheless, taking into account my experience with USB connection and the quality od AIR system in Le version I would not be surprised if AIR in Pro turns out to be better (especially when using Roon engine). In case of a good ASE/EBU transport (connected with HQ AES cable), I would not be so sure about that. The easy of use (ability to control the stream with iphone / ipad), from my point of view, justify the expenses. Simple example - my wife and my son have the Moon control application in their iphones - they can control the streamer even if we (me and my laptop) are out. Nevertheless I understand those who prefer to operate D. via laptop and AIR system.

Messages In This Thread
RE: SToM 200 ULTRA vs Devialet AIR (WIFI) - by MIKE - 30-May-2018, 11:32
RE: SToM 200 ULTRA vs Devialet AIR (WIFI) - by MIKE - 30-May-2018, 18:36
RE: SToM 200 ULTRA vs Devialet AIR (WIFI) - by MIKE - 30-May-2018, 23:58
RE: SToM 200 ULTRA vs Devialet AIR (WIFI) - by MIKE - 31-May-2018, 19:50
RE: SToM 200 ULTRA vs Devialet AIR (WIFI) - by MIKE - 30-May-2018, 18:58