Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1 Average
New Expert Firmware (non CI) with amazing new features released!
Hi all,

Yes I was in Munich (Devialet chat 4 guys and 5 incuding my wife and yes the whole week) and when I read this statement I think some knowledge is important to know:

1. Devialet content
The Devialet expert contains more then 106 patents and now it is possible for a non-professional to own fully professional digital equipment. In complete silence the record can be played or recorded. The most important thing about digital is the timeframe within the second (read twice). At 192.000 measurements within a second the time BETWEEN 1 and 2, 2 and 3, etc etc must be exactly the same. Our earings are very very sensitive for mistakes in this subject. With the introduction of the CI board the Devialet Expert became a whole new clock setting, wit new possibilities: like 1969. A small step for man, a huge step for mankind.
So to say very shortly: the possible (payable) softwareprogresses with Devialet200 were done.

2. Price Place Promotion Product and Prince2 planning
Educated as a certified financial auditor I must say Devialet is not strong enough on the Prince2 projectplanning management stuff. (LinkedIn my name). Technically everything can be build into the Expertrange, but at what input and expense? Personally I find the PRO CI such another machine that it is commercially not understandable is has gotten no new name. In Trump words: no smart trade.
That said at Munich, now in first times I heard a reckognition about this and some answers were: no priority. And I laughed when I heard the technician say: not yet.....

3. What;s in it for you and the world?
A lot. But in a completely different manner everbody is used to. Like the newest camera into the Hubble telescope; the Devialet amplifier is really the first in the world with a resolution it is unknown so far. In that way the demonstration at Munich at Devialet was very to laugh about: Vivid speakers and 3 x 1000PRO connected in an active way. About 175.000euro's. The sound for me was really bad for the money: the human ears are very sensitive to timefaults so deviding the soundspectrum in low middle and treble gives never the best sound possible. Nothing has changed, but with the new technology and when you own and are used to the real stuff..... Businesscase let me say. And: a chain is as strong as the weakest link.
Attention points to Devialet owners: a. Shielded mains entrance from a balanced isolator source is in combination with the Devialet technology a good and hearable investment. b. CAT7 cables with the lowest timefaults are good hearable. Like Audioquest Diamond you can really hear. c. Use the best WBT plugs you can afford: so good the Devialet really is. Shield your whole installation proffesionally (Hobby: nice and low costs) d. Think about new speakers or headphones. The lowest cost ever: WooWee adapter ($650) with Stax LE700 for example and you hear the Devialet for the first time ever..... It is like the introduction of the Quad ESL in 1957: yes 1957. From that time on studios could hear for the first time what was recorded. 40 years back I heard this statement for the first time and I thought: of course, yes yes. But now, 40 years later I think they were right and yes; Devialet has created such a new moment in history. Try and listen and the 200 is incredible good already!
1: Atelier d'Or no.75 (1.5m. AQ RCA-XLR), Heart 2812 QuadESL.nl, Kimber 8TC, WBT, Rel StentorII, Oppo105D (surround), Vodafone Next, Quad 303.2(!Quadrepair.nl), Kef RDM1, BenQW4000i, SBooster (3x), IfiX 3x, 125 inch, Stax 507 (2x) on Stax SRM-1S, SRM D-50, all on Iso-Ac. Gaia1, 2 and 3, Kemp Isolator source and power-, Kemp QA/ SNS plugs (6x), Furutech & ALAC maincables, AQ Blizzard, Van den Hul Mainstream, Optical 8k cables, Clearaudio (Synchro+Champion2+TT3 tangential+CM Bearing+Outer Limit+StradivariV2, 530uV, 200 ohms), NUC11 i7, Samsung-980Pro, -A8, -S24Ultra, Roon Life, Netgear 108, AQ Cinnamon all, Live cable USB, AQ jitterbug 5x, WB 18TB 2x

2: 220Pro, Kef R3, Rel Studio, Oppo103EU (surround), Quad 707(mod), Kef RDM2, all on Iso Acoustics 200, Gaia 3 & 1, LG Oled55, Furutech wall outlets(3x), AQ NRG-Z3 (2m., 5x), Kemp powerstrips, Audiotool filters, Oppo HA2+PM3 + AQ cinnamon cables

1900 recorded LP's 24/192, 850 DSD 5.1 SACD (via Oppo), 4800 ripped CD's, Qubuz

Messages In This Thread
RE: New Expert Firmware (non CI) with amazing new features released! - by Peter van der Laarse - 01-Jun-2018, 13:24