Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1 Average
New Expert Firmware (non CI) with amazing new features released!
In the past, firmware updates with interesting features have simply appeared without warning, so you never know......

Like many of us, I am completely happy with my amp and the many good features it has now. It does everything I need it to do and it sounds great.

If a firmware upgrade did come along one day I would be very pleased if it included some way of adding room correction convolutions, other than that I struggle to think of much that would be genuinely useful. Maybe a Fletcher-Munson volume control would be interesting? (or maybe more trouble than it is worth?)

A new remote app would also be good, something that included tone controls, SAM levels etc.

Regarding @Flashman's comment that the Expert line will never see an upgrade again, I am not so sure. I think if something was developed for the Pro, but it would happily work on the Expert, I suspect they would roll it out for everyone. Why not? (The answer to "why not?" might be mean spirited commercial considerations, of course)
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12

Messages In This Thread
RE: New Expert Firmware (non CI) with amazing new features released! - by Confused - 01-Jun-2018, 13:34