Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1 Average
New Expert Firmware (non CI) with amazing new features released!
I had a thought regarding the fully active super system. The treble / presence range (880Hz +) is handled by a single 250Pro on each side. Yet we are told that the dual mono sounds better, lower distortion and so on. OK, I guess there is nothing to stop you (other than yet more cash) substituting the 250Pro's with 1000 Pro's, but would not a pair of 440Pro's do a better job for more or less the same cash? The 440Pro would have the benefit of the dual mono's lower distortion, and would actually have more power. I can only assume that they have gone for the 250Pro as it looks nicer, with consistent looks with the 1000Pro. When the 400 Expert was first introduced I asked Mathieu Pernot which sounded best, the 250 or the new 400. I was a 250 owner at the time, and Mathieu's answer was clear, the 400. I presume the same logic holds for the 440Pro versus 250Pro.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12

Messages In This Thread
RE: New Expert Firmware (non CI) with amazing new features released! - by Confused - 02-Jun-2018, 08:06