Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1 Average
New Expert Firmware (non CI) with amazing new features released!
Some interesting responses above. FWIW I’ve got a pro so would likely get the latest updates (if I ever felt the CI was stable enough or decided I wanted to be an alpha-tester).

My post was more about the non Pro and the promise of the EVO platform constantly evolving. Which at one point it did - less so when I got mine (judging by historical forum posts) but still there were numerous updates. Then nothing of any note. For 1-2 years.

Having seen Devialet discuss the motivation for developing the CI board to simplify their software development (by putting phantom and expert on the same platforms) the lack of updates would appear to imply development has stalled and non pro updates will be very limited or non existent going forwards.

Devialet are incredibly lucky that they have so many loyal devotees. They’re clearly completely ignoring their EVO promises Experts were sold with.

As for my toaster or other appliance updating - no i don’t expect them to - but then the manufacturers didn’t market/advertise them on that basis. Roon software did, however, and that evolves constantly as advertised. I guess I just think companies should honour their promises. Old school maybe.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

Messages In This Thread
RE: New Expert Firmware (non CI) with amazing new features released! - by Hifi_swlon - 02-Jun-2018, 08:23