Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pro 1000 (master only) as power amplifier
(05-Jun-2018, 11:42)afrancois Wrote: I found out shortly after I had posted the message, that the master of the 1000 Pro is, in fact, a D250 Pro. So yes, the buyer gave somewhat misleading information. However, he talks about a D250 Infinity core. This probably his way of saying it's a D250 Pro. I also wondered why he's only selling the master. I still haven't contacted the seller to have an explanation. You're right that some of the rather exceptional specifications of the Devialet will be irrelevant because of the slightly lesser specifications of my Lyngdorf pre-amp. This pre-amp, however, has been upgraded. The master clock, for example, has been replaced by a Pulsar clock which is fed by a separate super capacitor supply. RoomPerfect is a must for me because I'm using two subwoofers. I know for some this is blasphemy, Paul Mcgowan disagrees and so do I. I've heard the Devialet at some shows and I was always pleasantly surprised. This is why I'm interested.

Are you sure the seller actually has the Devialet? If he doesn't even know what it's named and calls it 1000Pro Master Infinity Core, rather than 250Pro Core Infinity as it's meant to be, I would be very cautious.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Pro 1000 (master only) as power amplifier - by Pim - 06-Jun-2018, 00:23