Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How many volts can Devialet drive?
(30-Nov-2014, 12:09)amabrok Wrote:
(30-Nov-2014, 11:04)PhilP Wrote: Hi, I've never seen published info on Devialet output voltages but surely more important questions would be "do I like the sound of the Devialet - Martin Logan combination, does it go loud enough for me and do I prefer the sound to that of the ESL amp" Smile

There are several Martin Logan users on here and I haven't seen any complaints about lack of power or distortion (harshness) at high frequencies which you would typically get if an amp was not capable of driving the low impedence load. Devialet say their amps are suitable for loads down to 2 ohms though I see that a Montis drops as low as 0.52 ohms at 20 kHz Huh
That's exactly my point PhilP!

I'm one of those happy Devialet-Martin Logan combo owners, but my ML is the Electromotion ESL which only drops to 1.6 ohms @ 20khz (close to the 2 ohms rating of Devialet) contrary to the Montis which drops to 0.5 ohms @ 20khz.

And the reason why I ask is that I'm seriously considering the Montis as my next upgrade

I think it's a reasonable line of enquiry. The question then is how to interpret the information ...

Anyway, on Tuesday the Magtech power amp should arrive here. By Thursday I should have a view on how it stacks up against both a 200 and 400.

Matt

Sonos Connect (W4S) > DSpeaker Antimode 2.0 > Sanders Magtech > Martin Logan Montis
Sonos Connect (W4S) > Devialet 200 > Vivid V1.5
Silver Phantoms (just the two)
London

Messages In This Thread
RE: How many volts can Devialet drive? - by Jwg1749 - 30-Nov-2014, 15:56