Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Last minute Summer Devialet Event at OAC with Mathieu Pernot! 12 July 2018
(12-Jul-2018, 15:55)Dvlt PhD Wrote: Funny thing about some demos I see online etc...
Nobody would ever, buy flagship amplification at this price point, if they are considering entry level speakers at that price point.

Not as I see it. Even Magico's 'entry level' speaker should be outstanding, and it will be influenced by the quality of all upstream equipment. It will sound it's best with the best amplification and source. Space and room size also influence speaker choice and the A3 might be the best choice for some rooms.

Additionally, there is a sound character that I think all Devialet amps, of the same series, share and so impressions of the A3 with a D1000 Pro or D440 would relevant to me with a D220. Not directly transferable, but worth noting nonetheless. My 220 costs double my speakers price, and that makes sense to me....(must re-examine definition of 'sense' and 'worth' when I have time to soak in the tub)

Finally, pairing expensive electronics with budget (ahem) speakers is often part of many equipment reviews, if that has any relevance.

I am curious to read the posts of those who are able to attend the OAC event. I'm hardly current on the state of the Devialet, or software updates, but it is still interesting reading.
Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada

Messages In This Thread
RE: Last minute Summer Devialet Event at OAC with Mathieu Pernot! 12 July 2018 - by Damon - 12-Jul-2018, 17:00