Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Last minute Summer Devialet Event at OAC with Mathieu Pernot! 12 July 2018
(12-Jul-2018, 22:22)Hifi_swlon Wrote: Shame about room Correction - nothing we didn’t expect but I think convolution is a well enough understood technique now it wouldn’t be too hard for a decent audio/maths programmer to implement. Still, I’ll probsbly take them up on a custom EQ.

Agreed.  I did ask specifically about convolution with Home Audio Fidelity's service in mind, but if I understood Matthieu's answer correctly that wasn't something they are able to support.  I do think it's an opportunity missed; in some ways having the facility to run a user-provided convolution would (you'd think) be less effort than messing about with custom PEQ, at least once the mechanism/framework was in place.

(12-Jul-2018, 22:22)Hifi_swlon Wrote: How did the setups sound?

I didn't sit down and listen very carefully, to be honest, but while the Od'A/Sasha system definitely sounded more impressive, I found the 210/A3 system more enjoyable - it sounded very clean and balanced.  Also different rooms and music, of course, so nothing to take very seriously.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK

Messages In This Thread
RE: Last minute Summer Devialet Event at OAC with Mathieu Pernot! 12 July 2018 - by thumb5 - 12-Jul-2018, 22:34